July 5, 2013

Product Review: The Body Shop Vitamin C Facial Radiance Programme

I recently paid a visit to The Body Shop. I get attracted to this shop because their products are known for their natural ingredients (I'm not sure if 100 percent organic). Recently, I have noticed my skin feeling a little dull and tired due to irregular sleeping patterns and work schedule. I told the lady at the Body Shop that I was looking for something that could give some boost to my tired skin and she was kind enough to recommend the Vitamin C Facial Radiance Programme. It is said to awaken dull skin in 10 days. It contains vitamin C- rich Amazonian camu camu, Community Trade shea butter, brazil nut oil and aloe vera as per packaging description. I bought the kit on sale for AED 145.



The routine comes with 3 items. (products and details listed below) 

1) Vitamin C Microdermabrasian : This products is said to smooth out dry and dull skin and give a refreshed complexion. Instructed to be used on the 1st, 5th and 10th day of the routine after cleansing.


2) Facial Radiance Powder Mix: This product is said to improve skin tone and texture making the skin look radiant. It includes freshly mixed vitamin C powder with serum. This product is to be used within 10 days after which it expires. Instructed to be applied on clean face after cleansing and scrubbing (morning and evening).


3) Vitamin C Skin Boost: To provide instant brightness and bring skin's appearance back to life with an illuminating glow. It can be worn on its on or as a make-up base / primer. Should be used after moisturizer.

Okay, this range seriously got me excited. As much as I would love to say that these products did justice to my skin, I didn't really notice much of a difference. The Facial Radiance Powder Mix is a complete "NO, NO" for me. It might be a good product as I have seen many positive reviews, but not for me. After applying it my skin felt greasier and I had tiny bumps on my skin (I have combination skin). I didn't notice any change in the appearance of my skin or glow. I read other people review it and for many this played wonders. Maybe this isn't the right thing for me but other might love it. The product is a lot for 10 day usage (amount that can be used for almost 20 days) and after 10 days the oil expires. On the other hand, I did notice old scars lighten up slightly and love the citrusy smell. It also made me feel more awake and refreshed in the morning.

As opposed to the Powder Mix, the other two products were a hit for me. The Vitamin C skin Boost is really great as make-up base/primer. I dab it on after moisturizing and then apply my make-up over it. My skin feels super soft and smooth and a little radiant too. I also like the Microdermabrasian Scrub. I use it once every week. It brightens up my skin and sheds of dull skin. This is great for exfoliating and leaves no residue behind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment